So I made these bacon and cheese wrapped tater tots for the Super Bowl and they were a HIT! They were completely gone before the half-time show. I found this recipe on Pinterest by . It was pretty easy to follow. The only thing I left out of my tater tots was the brown sugar and I didn’t really miss it.
- 2 cups frozen tater tots, at room temperature
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch squares
- 4 slices bacon, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside. *NOTE I did not line my baking sheet and I thought cooking spray could be enough. It wasn’t!! Cheese loves to stick and can be a pain to get out.
- Working one at a time, wrap each tater tot and cheese square in a piece of bacon. Repeat with remaining tater tots, cheese squares and bacon pieces.
- Place tater tots seam side down onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, using metal tongs to turn at halftime.*Did not turn at halftime but it wasn’t the end of the world.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Like I said these were a hit! If you are on a diet…use your common sense.